Nature Camps at East Lake Park
This year we will be offering two formats for our nature camps at East Lake. In June and July we will offer week long camps, meeting for two hours in the morning each day of the week. In August we will offer single day camps each having their own theme for each day and meeting for a majority of that single day.
Week Long Camps
Learn about the plants and animals of Iowa and have opportunities to learn outdoor skills. All camps will be held at the Red Fern shelter at East Lake Park (West side of the lake above office).
To participate a registration and medical/release form must be completed. Maximum of 10 children per camp. Pick the session that works for your schedule. Cost $10 per camp per child. Email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information contact Clarke County Conservation by calling (641) 342-3960.
Week Long Camp Dates:
- Grades 1st — 3rd: 8 am — 10 am
- Grades 4th — 6th: 10 am — Noon
Week Long Camp Forms:
Single Day Camps
Single themed day camps giving opportunities to learn more about Iowa’s Natural Resources and learn outdoor skills. All camps will be held at the Red Fern shelter at East Lake Park (West side of the lake above office).
To participate, a registration and medical form must be completed Cost: $10 per child per camp Maximum of 10 children per camp. Bring a packed lunch. Email completed forms to email@example.com. For more information contact Clarke County Conservation by calling (641) 342-3960.
- Iowa Survivor (July 30th) — Learn skills to survive in the wilderness, be prepared to get a little dirty
- Bugs and Plants for Everyone (August 1st) — From catching and identifying bugs to tree identification and wildflower walks
- Animal Mania (August 6th) — Birds, mammals, and reptiles; have fun learning about the animals of Iowa
- Sky Camp (August 8th) — Learn how to navigate without a GPS and different aspects of the day and night sky
Single Day Camp Forms:
Free Canoe Night
Enjoy a summer evening Canoeing at East Lake Park! Tuesday nights this summer.
All skill levels welcomed. Instructor will be present
Time: 5 pm— 8 pm
Where: East Lake Park by the Boat Ramp
Clarke County Conservation is not responsible to accident while canoeing. Safety rules and instructions with PFD will be provided. Must be 16 or older unless accompanied by a parent. One child per parent. Call the office at (641) 342-3960 before Tuesday at 4 pm the day of to RSVP (Maximum 18 people per Night)